The purpose of this blog was to record my progress on the New Year’s Resolutions I made for the year, as well as to record ideas that I had and their practical applications. So, I am doing that by posting my September goals. I have not posted about my New Year’s Resolutions since the month of May, but I have made some progress on a few of my goals.
This month, I am going to:
1. Continue to follow my Bible reading plan. Actually, I have been doubling up on my reading, because I really want to achieve reading through my Bible in one year.
2. Exercise/Health: I have really regressed in the exercise category in the last three months as I completely stopped walking even though I had no medical reason not to walk. However, since Fall is approaching and cooler temperatures are headed my way, I plan on trying to do a little walking this month. I know it it will be good for me as I prepare to deliver my little one. When it comes to what I have been eating, I haven’t made any progress exactly. I started keeping a food journal in late August and I was appalled at how much sugary snacks I was eating and how little veggies I was taking in. I am working on improving that. I’ll report on my progress at the end of the month.
3. Spanish–Not a goal that I will be working on this month or the rest of the year. It really is not relevant to my life at this moment and many other areas need my attention.
4. Reading–Well, I am working on it! I read Purpose in Prayer by EM Bounds, and I read a biography, The Vow, by Kim and Krickett Carpenter. I am working on reading On Becoming Toddlerwise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam and I plan on buying and reading Wrestling Prayer by Eric & Leslie Ludy. For some fiction, I am reading the Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter.
5. Writing/Blogging: Here I am! 🙂 I am coming back to blogging. I’m also hoping that my new bedtime routine will allow some planned time for journaling on a regular basis.
6. Relationships. Humph. I don’t know what I am planning to do this month in regards to relationships. I am praying about this area of my life, and I think the best plan of action for me is simply to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit on a day to day basis.
7. Love Letters–Will write Luke a love letter this month!
Other goals for the month will be to:
1) Change my bedtime from whenever (or later) to around 9:30pm. The goal will be for me to be crawling in bed at 9:30 and then falling asleep by 10:30pm. I can use the hour buffer to write in my journal or read a book.
2) Keep implementing the FLYLady System. I am working on the morning routine and the before bed routine. I know that as I read her book Sink Reflections, that I will be implementing other habits and routines as well.
So, those are the things that I will be working on this month. I am really hoping to make progress in the areas that I have mentioned. The first priority for me is to be working on my bedtime. I need to go to bed at a decent hour!